Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 - Problem with installation -

ACT! 2009 - Problem with installation -

I am having an issue with installation of ACT! 2009. I am using the ACT! setup program under XP3 with all firewalls/virus checkers disabled. The install nearly gets to the end but stops and rollsback as per following conditions:- Start Setup is OK. SQL loads correctly - no error messages. Install program nearly reaches end of copying ACT! files phase but then Stops at ...../irun.dll Then displays 'AutoSubmit.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close' Then displays '1603 fatal error during installation consult Windows installer msi.chm..........' Then installation rolls-back. Any ideas how to resolve this issue? Any help would be much appreciated.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 - Problem with installation -

[ Edited ]

Hello uasman,

Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. A 1603 error can be caused by more than one possible issue. Some possible causes and solutions can be found in Knowledgebase Article 19385. The first thing I would try is running Windows in selective startup mode when doing the install.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.