Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 Private Activities Visible by even Standard Users

ACT! 2009 Private Activities Visible by even Standard Users

After a recent upgrade to ACT! 2009 we've noticed that activities that were checked off as private when created can be seen in the Calendar by other users, even Standard users. The activity is greyed out so it can't be changed, but it displays the Regarding and Location information. I've searched but can't locate what setting requires to be set so the users are only seeing Busy for the activity time. Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 Private Activities Visible by even Standard Users

[ Edited ]

Have you opened one of the activities to be sure something hasn't removed the Private check?

Can you try it in the demo database to see if it's database specific. If it's only your db, then try the repairs as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1744...

Message Edited by GLComputing on 01-10-2009 05:26 AM

Thanks for the response GLComputing. I tried to test it with the Demo database and activating a Standard user, but the license on the system are attached to the production database. I couldn't activate that one Standard user. I'm not sure how I would test it actually. Any thoughts?
Platinum Elite Contributor

The licenses are actually in the machine... if you logged in from another machine, their license would get added to the database.

But I think I managed to replicate this and have logged it with support

Thank you very much for your assistance.