Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 Premium - Help restoring Database

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2009 Premium - Help restoring Database

[ Edited ]

Hello,

Having problem restoring my old database on my computer (Had to format it). I have the old Database backup in zip format. I tried restoring it from the external drive then tried moving the zip file in the ACT Database folder. When I attempt a restore at one point it asks me for the username and password (Which I have forgotten (I did not have a password)...then when I type in the username (That I am not too sure which one it was - tried several)..I get a message:

"The backup of this database can only be restored on the machine that was used to create it. Use the Restore As option to restore the database on this machine"

I ust point out that I did also try unzipping the Backup database but cannot seem to find any file that has a .PAD extension...I do see a lot of files there but non to associate with when I try to do a restore from ACT.

Any help would be much appreciated. My version of Act is 2009 Premium and I am the only user.

Thanks,

Rob

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author rtriam
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 Premium - Help restoring Database

Thanks for the reply..really appreciate it...now...for the second part of the problem...is htere anyway to bypass the username /password if I have forgotten  them? Or at least the username??? I seem to be able to unzip the backup file without no problem outside ACT!

Regards,

Rob

View solution in original post

All Replies
Silver Contributor

You are going to have to figure out hte username and password, but under File, REstore within ACT are three options, the middle one is the restore as option. This option allows you to restore to a different computer. The good news is that if you got to that point, I believe that you had guessed correctly on the username/password combo.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Solution
Accepted by topic author rtriam
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply..really appreciate it...now...for the second part of the problem...is htere anyway to bypass the username /password if I have forgotten  them? Or at least the username??? I seem to be able to unzip the backup file without no problem outside ACT!

Regards,

Rob

Platinum Elite Contributor

There's no way to bypass the user name.Typically the user name will be the name of the person that created the database. Try severl variations, with and without middle initial, etc.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

I've finally resolved the issue..thanks both of you for your input.