Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 Premium EX installation questions

Loyal Listener

ACT! 2009 Premium EX installation questions

I am about to install ACT! Premium 2009 EX (11.0) on a WinXP machine that already has ACT! 6 on it. I am using MS Office 2003.

1) ACT! 2009 and ACT! 6 can reside on the same computer, yes?

2) Is there a problem with both ACT!s on the same computer with the same Outlook 2003? Do I have to do anything special or watch out for anything special?

3) The computer already has an instance of MS SQL Server 2005 Express SP3 on it. Do I have to do anything special in the ACT! 2009 installation or setup?

4) I will want to move to 11.1 quickly. Can I install the update immediately after installing the base 11.0? If not, what amount of usage and configuration do I need to do with 11.0 before updating to 11.1?

Thanks,

Joe M

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 Premium EX installation questions

Hello Joe, 

1) Yes

2) Should not be an issue since they use different add-in extensions..essentially two different programs with the same name

3) See the following KB article to manually create the ACT! instance for SQL prior to installing ACT! 2009:

How to Manually Create the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2005 (Express Edition) ACT7 Instance

4) You can install the 11.1 update immediately after installing 11.0. If you are in a multi-user environment with a shared database, the server must be updated first, then all client machines.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.