Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 Outlook Addin

CEM
Copper Contributor

ACT 2009 Outlook Addin

Need to add the ACT! addin to Outlook 2007.

Install was not completed on a 64 Win 7 Ultimate system.

2 Address Books have been installed via Email setup and show up in OL Outlook. Work fine.

The Addin is not visible; hence neither the Toolbar for History and Create Record.

It is not listed in Disabled or anywhere.

Is there a process to reinstall the dll? I am not sure of the dll as Outlook says "Act9ext.dll is not a valid dll"

Have looked all over the KBs for the process, don't see it.

Thanks

Cliff

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 Outlook Addin

If Outlook is not recognizing or cannot load the .dll, then ACT! and Outlook most likely did not connect properly during the ACT! install. Uninstall ACT! from your Control Panel, reboot and reinstall. Also, please keep in mind that ACT! 2009 is not officially supported on the Windows 7 operating system. Only ACT! 2010 is supported at this time.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

CEM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 Outlook Addin

Thank you Greig.

Yes, I am aware of the 2009 non-compatability issue with Win 7 64.

Just wondering if there was a way to reattach the .dlls between Oulook 2007 and ACT! 2009, even though not supported.

Everything else works with this exception, the Email History and Add Contact from OL email.

Any small utility that checks the connection between the 2 apps and reestablishes it? Manually? I am game for trying.

Just finished paying for 2009 and now this.

Thanks again.