Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 Microsoft Word Error Message when trying to Click on Write, Letter in Word

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2009 Microsoft Word Error Message when trying to Click on Write, Letter in Word

Another ACT! Errror:

When I click on Write, Letter, the system errors out showing a dialog box with ACT! by Sage as the Title and the text:

The message filter indicated that the application is busy. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x001010A (RPC_E_SERVERCALL_RETRYLATER))

From working with Microsoft Code, I imagine this is a DDE call to Word (where i want the ACT letter writer...or either as this is an obvious error).

Has anyone seen this problem??  Does anyone have a fix??  I didn't have these issues in ACT! 2008 and upgraded to ACT! 2009 to try to solve some other issues that I was having.  Now, I am having more issues than success (I also can't see any history saved on emails...but...that will be another post).

Any help would be appreciated.

Frank

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author flockburner
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 Microsoft Word Error Message when trying to Click on Write, Letter in Word

Ghollister,

It looks like ACT! support solved this issue.  I am personally not sure how they did it, else I would post the solution here.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 Microsoft Word Error Message when trying to Click on Write, Letter in Word

It sounds like another process is trying to access Word at the same time ACT is.  Try a Detect & Repair (Word 2002-2003) or Office Diagnostics (Word 2007) from the Help menu in Word.  Also, make sure Word is closed, end the WINWORD.EXE

processe(s) in the the Task Manager and then try writing a letter from ACT.

This error may also be the result of interference from a virus scannner or antivirus program.  You may also want to delete your local and Windows temp files and reboot the machine.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author flockburner
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Ghollister,

It looks like ACT! support solved this issue.  I am personally not sure how they did it, else I would post the solution here.

Thank you.