Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009! Error "There are not enough licenses in this database to allow you to log in. Please contact your Administrator"

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT 2009! Error "There are not enough licenses in this database to allow you to log in. Please contact your Administrator"

[ Edited ]

I moved database from windows xp computer to a windows 7.  I did not use the detach method, instead I used the backup restore method.

My old computer reads that it has enough licenses for 14 users and at the bottom of manger users it says I have enough for 4 more licenses.

New computer reads that it has enough licenses for 8 users.  I do have 8 users that are able to sync fine, but the 9th users is getting the error saying "not enough licenses".  The 10th user is currently inactive.

I have manually added the license from the 9th user on to the database server.  But I still get the error.

Any help?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Grapa
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2009! Error "There are not enough licenses in this database to allow you to log in. Please contact your Administrator"

Yes, go ahead and add all of the licenses to the new computer - then close/reopen ACT! to verify they are recognized and the count increases.

You have posted in the Sage ACT! board (instead of Premium board), so it appears you have the Pro version (not Premium).  If that is correct, the Pro version is limited to 10 active usernames.  This is set to username, not concurrent users - if you have 14 users who will be signing in (even if not all at the same time), the Pro version will only allow the first 10 to sign in (because they will be assigned a license).  To have 14 active users would require the Premium version.

Greg Martin
Sage

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: ACT 2009! Error "There are not enough licenses in this database to allow you to log in. Please contact your Administrator"

Hello Grapa,
Welcome to the ACT! Community!

After adding the 9th license, did the license count change? Close/reopen the database to ensure it is updated.

- Are there additional licenses on the old computer that have not been added to the new computer?
- Collect all licenses from the workstations to ensure they are added to the new computer.
Greg Martin
Sage

No the license count did not change still says 8..

The old computer only has 1 license under Help and Register ACT. But the database info says 14 license. Are you telling me to add all the licenses that I have to the new computer ? so when I click Help and Register ACT should show 14 Licenses?

Also am I only allowed 10 users on that database at a time?
Solution
Accepted by topic author Grapa
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Yes, go ahead and add all of the licenses to the new computer - then close/reopen ACT! to verify they are recognized and the count increases.

You have posted in the Sage ACT! board (instead of Premium board), so it appears you have the Pro version (not Premium).  If that is correct, the Pro version is limited to 10 active usernames.  This is set to username, not concurrent users - if you have 14 users who will be signing in (even if not all at the same time), the Pro version will only allow the first 10 to sign in (because they will be assigned a license).  To have 14 active users would require the Premium version.

Greg Martin
Sage

[ Edited ]

Yes we do have PRO version. So I guess only 10 username.

Can you explain the second part of your answer again ?

"This is set to username, not concurrent users - if you have 14 users who will be signing in (even if not all at the same time), the Pro version will only allow the first 10 to sign in (because they will be assigned a license). "

Does this mean When I create a remote database I pick one of the 10 username and have 11th user login and sync with one of the username I picked?

Thank You for your help.

Certainly - it can be a bit confusing.

Licensing is based on usernames - when a user signs into the database, they are assigned a license. Even if they sign out of the database, that license remains assigned to that particular user.

So, the first 10 users to sign in will be assigned a license and have access to the database. Any users beyond 10 will not be assigned a license because of the '10' limit and will not have access to the database - even if no other users are signed on.

Does that help?
Greg Martin
Sage

Yes, I understand the 10 user hard limit. Can I have users 11th sign in as one of the 10 users ? Would that allow access to database?

While there isn't anything built into the program that would prevent multiple users from signing in with the same username, it would be a violation of the licensing agreement. 

Some downsides to doing this:

- Loss of tracking actions

- Loss of record ownership

- Unable to schedule for specific user

- Possible database corruption due to conflicting updates by same username at same time

Greg Martin
Sage

Only way to make this work is to have 2 different computers one with 10 user and second with 4 users?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Unless you buy four additional licenses that would still be a violation of the license agreement. You need to upgrade to the premiun version with the correct number of licenses.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129