Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 Error Message in Outlook 2007 when Sending a message

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2009 Error Message in Outlook 2007 when Sending a message

When I send a message in Outlook 2007 using ACT 2009 (having an ACT Address Book installed) I get a dialog message box with a title of ACT! and a message text of File Not Found with an OK button.  If I click the OK button, the email goes out fine.  How do I get rid of this error??  I am running off of a Terminal Server, and installed properly, per instructions...twice.

This is only one of about 8 errors I am receiving.

I do have a screen print.

Thanx to anyone who may have seen this and can help.

Frank

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author flockburner
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 Error Message in Outlook 2007 when Sending a message

Ghollister,

Thank you.  We were online with ACT! support and it looks like they changed the template and it is now working.

Issue:  Currently solved.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

This error can occur if ACT is unable to load or access the e-mail template.  By default this template is the Emailbody.adt file found in your database Templates folder.  This file may be damaged, missing, or you may not have access to it. Try sending an email using another template (Write/Email Message (from template)) and see if you get the error.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author flockburner
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Ghollister,

Thank you.  We were online with ACT! support and it looks like they changed the template and it is now working.

Issue:  Currently solved.

I just installed Act! 2009 for a client and experienced the same problem.   I discovered (by using a file monitor) that Act! is trying to write temporary files to the administrators folder (even when logged in as a user).    The user obviously doesn't have access to the folder so the error is seen.   Make sure users have the modify permission on the following folder c:\documents and settings\administrator(.domain name if required)\application data\act\act for windows 11\historyqueue\

I hope that helps!   Lloyd.   Trichromic LLP