Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009....Envelopes print in full page format unless you manually change printer set up everytime

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2009....Envelopes print in full page format unless you manually change printer set up everytime

Per the knowledge base, this problem was resolved in an ACT 07 build and shouldnt occur with later versions. However we are running ACT 2009 (Version 11.1.183.0 Hotfix1), and are experiencing this.  The work around is to manually change the printer set up every time you print an envelope.  Is there anyway for a full fix on this?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2009....Envelopes print in full page format unless you manually change printer set up everyt

Well I copied over the templates from the dummy database and now everything seems to work!!

Thanks so much!

Karyn

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2009....Envelopes print in full page format unless you manually change printer set up everyt

What was the ACT! version when the database was created or converted from an earlier version?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Hi

Aaaah that could be it,. We converted from ACT 6, but we didnt have this problem when we were using that

If you had no problems printing envelopes with ACT! 6 you were lucky. I can't begin to count the number of calls I took in tech support for envelope printing problems in ACT! 6. Problems that could not be fixed. 

My question was not what version you converted from but which version you you were using when you first converted from ACT! 6. The reason I asked is because the report templates (including envelopes) you are using date from that version and the early ACT! 7 report templates had problems. Also if you converted an envelope template from ACT! 6, it will convert as an  8 1/2 X 11 letter sheet rather than an envelope page size. The standard #10 envelope with ACT! 2009 is a #10 paper size envelope. 

The envelope printing with the later versions of the ACT! program is very good. In fact, using scripting I have an envelope template that will print either the main or the home address when the the template is run based on which one I have established as the preferred mailing address. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Hi Roy

We went from 6.0.3.979 straight to ACT 9.

Im not trying to access old templates but using the ones (I think) that are in ACT 9.

The subject says ACT! 2009 but you just called it ACT! 9. ACT! 2009 would be ACT! 11. That could make a difference. Can you go to Help | About ACT! and check the version and build number.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Oops sorry Roy!

Ok we are now running  ACT by Sage Premium 2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0  Hotfix 1

I can't duplicate the problem you are reporting. The #10 envelope template on databases on my system show paper type #10 and format correctly. The #11 template shows as being formatted on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet paper type and I know that happens because the report engine does not have a paper type for #11 envelope. I do most custom envelopes on the 8 1/2 X 11 sheet and simply set the margins so it prints correct. At this point, without examining the template you are using on your system, I can't suggest what might be causing your problem unless it's a corrupted template. Have you tried printing an envelope using the Demo database and it's envelope template?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Ok this is highly bizarre. When I go into the demo database #10 envelope template is fine. When I go back into our database it's back to printing on a full page.  Wouldnt ACT be looking at the same tempalte no matter what database Im in?

No, each database has it's own set of templates. They are located in the {database name} Database files\Reports folder.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129