Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 - Creating a database it comes back that it already exist - Knowledge base explains how to fix for ACT 2008 and earlier only

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2009 - Creating a database it comes back that it already exist - Knowledge base explains how to fix for ACT 2008 and earlier only

Using ACT 2009 (v11) with latest update

I have been using "test" database for testing. I deleted the database and made sure that there is no remmant of that database name in the database folder. Apparently, that name is still in the SQL server and when I try creating the database it says it already exist.

ACT Knowledbase explains how to delete it from the SQL server by using act#diag.exe. The only problem is that it explains it for ACT 2008 and earlier but no mention of 2009 and 2010.

Below is the knowledgebase link dealing with that problem:

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1395...

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 - Creating a database it comes back that it already exist - Knowledge base explains how to fix for ACT 2008 and earlier only

I found the anwer for 2009.

There is a "ACT for Windows" directory under ACT that contains the 2009 version of act#diag. The 2009 name is actdiag.exe

Then just follow instructions per the link provided earlier

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by ghollister (Platinum Elite Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 - Creating a database it comes back that it already exist - Knowledge base explains how to fix for ACT 2008 and earlier only

I found the anwer for 2009.

There is a "ACT for Windows" directory under ACT that contains the 2009 version of act#diag. The 2009 name is actdiag.exe

Then just follow instructions per the link provided earlier