Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 Crash due to making a label!?

ACT 2009 Crash due to making a label!?

I am utterly frustrated and absolutely out of ideas.  I am working in the contact layout area and everytime I try to make a label for a field, the whole program crashes on me.  The bank just 'upgraded' to Outlook for our e-mail and I am unsure if it is related but I am completely stuck.  Any advice, suggestions, or sledgehammer to kill the server would be appreciated! Smiley Wink

Thank you in advance to all the ACT Gurus out there!

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 Crash due to making a label!?

Hello Magickwmn,

Welcome to the Act! Online Community!

What version of Act! are you running?

Is there an error message issued when it fails?  If yes, what is the message?

It may be that the particular layout has become corrupted.  Change to a different layout and test creating/editing a label.

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you!  I will try using a different layout.  Version 11.0.1.504.  I couldn't custom create a label but if I added a label to a field when I define it, it worked just fine.  It was only when I was trying to make a new label separate or edit an existing label.  Silly thing anyway!  I managed a work around.  There was no error messages given, it simply crashed to the desktop.

LeAnn Pickard

First Bank

Ketchikan, AK

Upon testing it further, it is only crashing when I try to edit labels.  The label can be new or existing.  Again, no error messages or anything.  I would give my eyeteeth for some technical support for this program lol.

Platinum Elite Contributor

The problem could be the video driver. Try turning OFF the hardware acceleration and see if that helps.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Many thanks, I will try that!

LeAnn Pickard

First Bank

Ketchikan, AK