Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 Converting Act 6.03 problem

Copper Contributor

ACT 2009 Converting Act 6.03 problem

I just installed ACT 2009 Version 11. 

It stops with the follow message, "Conversion has been halted with the following message: Specific argument was out of range of valid values.  Parameter name: index."

I click "OK" and another screen pops up saying suplemental fields such as layouts and templates must be converted.  There are 2 bullets to check, yes to convert them or no convert later.  However both are grayed out and all I can click is finish or cancel.  Therfore nothing gets converted.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 Converting Act 6.03 problem

It does not sound like the conversion of the database was successful.  This may be due to corruption in the Act 6.0 database.  You will need to run the 6.0 ACTDIAG on the database to address this.  Please see this Knowledgebase Article for instructions on using ACTDiag 6.0. You may have to browse to executable file for the utility, which will in C:\Program Files\ACT\actdiag.exe

After the repairs have been, retry the conversion.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

It didn't get converted and that's the problem.  I had already run actdiag and all other maintenance procedures, but no luck in getting it converted.

Hepl!!!

Message Edited by rlastar on 08-21-2008 03:34 PM

Copper Contributor

Mike, 

Thanks for the info, but still haven't had any luck.  When I click "details" here is what pops up.

Updating database...
  Added First Name Prefix: Don
  Added First Name Prefix: Dona
  Added Last Name Prefix: van den
  Added Last Name Prefix: van der
  Added Last Name Prefix: von der
Converting Contacts...
Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: index

I've gone through my entire datatbase and made sure there are no errors or mistakes in the first or last names.  I do have lots of records with only the company name and under contacts no names entered or only a first or last name.  Could this posibly be the cause?

Copper Contributor

I'd sure like to get a reply from a Sage employee about this problem.  Otherwise I will be forced to just keep using Act 6 and get a refund for Act 2009.

Thanks

rlastar,

Please call into support and talk to one of our support agents.  I'm sure they'll be able to get your database converted.

Regards,

dlunceford

Copper Contributor

They weren't and took over 15 minutes on the phone just to speak to someone and another 15-30 minutes explaining the issue.  Kept getting put on hold while they searched the knowledge base.  I can do the same thing.

It's exactly what I've posted on here.  Someone out there must be able to help.

Mike, GL Computing, seems to be the only one giving any support here and he lives in Australia.

[ Edited ]

This error indicates some type of corruption or error in the database.  Just to verify, when you ran the Scan & Repair option in ACT 6.0 Diagnostics, the results came up with all green checks...no red ones? If there are red checks, you will need to run the Scan & Repair until there are all green checks or until you see that the red checks are not disappearing (in which case you will need to contact an ACT! ACC who can assist you with repairing an ACT! 6.0 database).

Here are a couple of things you can do with your database in ACT! 6.0 prior to converting:

- In ACT! 6.0 Diagnostics, go to Options/Failed Conversion Check.....this will give you the last successfully converted contact, so it is likely the contact following them is corrupted and needs to be deleted from the database

- In ACT!, do a Contact Lookup for "ACT".  If you come up with any records that begin with "ACTDiagnostics", delete these records as they are corrupted.

Message Edited by ghollister on 08-25-2008 05:30 PM

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for replying with some things to check.

Everything is green and still can't do a successful conversion.  It keeps saying the same conversion info:

Updating database...
  Added First Name Prefix: Don
  Added First Name Prefix: Dona
  Added Last Name Prefix: van den
  Added Last Name Prefix: van der
  Added Last Name Prefix: von der
Converting Contacts...
Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: index

Now what?