Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2009 - Contact Report not showing all contacts. What is the process to submit a defect for a supported version of ACT?

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2009 - Contact Report not showing all contacts. What is the process to submit a defect for a supported version of ACT?

[ Edited ]

I have ACT 2009 (v11).  The Contact report (contact report.rep) does not work correctly.  It omits many of the contacts that should be in the report even with the HideOnEmptySubreports property set to NO.

What is the process to submit this defect for correction?  Is it possible for me to get the latest version of that report file for testing?  How?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 - Contact Report not showing all contacts. What is the process to submit a defect for a supported version of ACT?

You didn't mention the detail section, that needs to be set to no. I also tested the report on the demo database and all contact print.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT! 2009 - Contact Report not showing all contacts. What is the process to submit a defect for a supported version of ACT?

Can you provide some additional information about this issue?

- What are the filter settings you have chosen?

- Are you running it for Current Contact, Current Lookup, or All Contacts?

- Have you tried running the report for All Contacts with all options selected? 

- Is there something particular to the contacts that are not being displayed?

You can obtain a default version of the report by accessing the ACT! Demo database (or create a new database) reports.  The reports are located in the 'databasename-database files\reports' folder.

Greg Martin
Sage

There's been no change to the contact report. The critical Hide on Empty Subreports is the one for the detail section but each section has that property so try setting them all to No. The other likely cause for having contacts omitted is the filter settings.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I ran the contact report against the ACT demo database with all filters selected in the Activities, Notes, History and Opportunities tabs.  I used a custom date range of 1990 to 2022.

I set the HideOnEmptySubreports property value to NO for the Secton 3 Footer and Header sections as well as for the Report Footer and Header sections. 

The report was missing 20 contacts.

On my own data base I selected 45 contacts and did the above on those contacts.  The report was missing 11 contacts.  I noticed that the missing contacts did not have any activities or notes so I added them to a couple of reports.  This made those contacts appear in the report.  It appears that the HideOnEmptySubreports property set to NO for above mentioned 4 sections is not doing the trick.

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

You didn't mention the detail section, that needs to be set to no. I also tested the report on the demo database and all contact print.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Yes, Roy you were right.  I did miss the Detail section.  Now with all the filters set and a wide date range all my contacts in the Current Lookup are in the report.

Thanks a bunch.