Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 Calendar slow & view is locked

Copper Contributor

ACT 2009 Calendar slow & view is locked

I have ACT! 2009 Version  11.1.183.0 Hotfix 1.

I've used ACT! since around 1993 - this version has worked fineuntil last Thursday.  Now the calendar displays 5 months of mini-calendars onthe top - irrespective of which view I selected.  the activities are there- if I stop the mouse a pop up appears for the activity underneath and doubleclicking brings it up - I just can't see it.

I have re-installed ACT! twice, run actdiag, deleted thepreferences files, started a new database (same problem). This is a  majorproblem and I have already lost a day's work to messing with it.

I'm on an HP pavillion notebook with 250 gb hard drive, dualprocessor, 4 GB RAM (Windows Vista Home Premium) - brand new machine about 3months old.  This is a software issue that so far has defeated me - canyou shed any light on this?   I have my machine set to automatic update on Windows - perhaps they issued an update that is conflicting with the calendar?

Andrew Boardman
San Antonio Texas
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 Calendar slow & view is locked

Mike:

Thanks for your response - the first article I had already read - I've deleted the preference and also the ".bac" files and rebooted.

Each time has failed.

The computer that I have has Vista Service pak 2 (I think) I don't see service pak 1 but the computer is only 90 days old.  

I'll try to download the hotfix, although I have not downloaded a hotfix before.

Thanks again for your help.  

Andrew Boardman
San Antonio Texas
Platinum Elite Contributor

Did you also try the DPI settings in the first article? You need to read the articles all the way :-)
Copper Contributor

I actually did that and it did not make any differnce, other than leading to me looking for a magnifying glass to see the smaller text!

What seems strange is erasing the preferences isn't clearing the issue.  In the short run I'll go ahead and use the task list to see my schedule, long term it needs to be fixed.

Thanks again - I"ll read the entire article.  

Andrew Boardman
San Antonio Texas

Copper Contributor

OK - thanks. 

Any idea what may have caused this? It happened spontaneously last Thursday.  

Andrew Boardman
San Antonio Texas

Last week there were some Microsoft Updates that seemed to have caused issues for some users... it may be related, or it may be something else.

Difficult to determine without looking at the system in detail

Copper Contributor

Then my guess is it's the Microsoft update that caused this - I didn't install any other software last week other than that.  I have it set to auto update, I may change that.

Thanks for your help.  

Andrew Boardman
San Antonio Texas