Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 - CAnnot locate Palm Directory error at start up

ACT 2009 - CAnnot locate Palm Directory error at start up

I have ACT 2009 (used to have 2008 and a 2007 demo).  We at one time on this computer had Palm software but got rid of it and use a Pocket PC -- with Vista.

Upon installation on this system only,I used to get a a "cannot finde userdata.dll" error. It then let you log on. After a while, I searched and found the solution to that problem. I think I copied userdata from the old palm directory.

Now I get a message "cannot find Palm Directory"....

I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling ACT.  We are using ACT Standard.

Do I need to do a Regedit repair to delete references to the Palm  Any other ideas.

Re: ACT 2009 - CAnnot locate Palm Directory error at start up

Can you give the exact error message?  When do you receive this error?

I originally took the userdata.dll from the Palm directory after searching my computer as per another post. That caused the "Cannot Find Palm Directory" error. Realizing this, I deleted that userdata.dll and am now getting "Unable to load DLL "Userdata.dll" The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0X8007007E) error. No other installs of ACT 2009 on our other systems report this error.  This system used to have a Palm directory.  I have the userdata.dll if necessary (disabled).

What in my system or plugins might be asking for the userdata.dll

Uninstalled ACT! Link for Palm OS if its installed.  If not, then its picking up left over files.  Follow the KB below to cleanup the files.

How To Manually Remove ACT! Link For Palm OS® 2009 (11.0)

Copper Contributor

Same problem as original poster, manually removing according to instructions did not resolve the issue. Still get error on startup.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  Problem is I uninstalled (and threw away) my non-working Palm about a month ago which is why I'm getting the error in the first place.  UserData.dll no longer exists anywhere in my system.