Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 11.0 remote database problem could not sync with Master database

ACT 2009 11.0 remote database problem could not sync with Master database

Hello, thank you in advance for your help here. 

I have a master database of ACT 11.0 with two remote databases.  The remote databases were syncing with out a problem for about 2 weeks and then all of a sudden on of them (called dan1) could not sync with me any longer.  There was a message that stated that the following...

Failed to synchronize with the server. Server Error Description: . RDB has already been unpacked and synced at least once. Please recreate remote database or restore a backed up copy. Contact your administrator for assistance

I created a new remote database (called dan2) and installed it on the remote computer but now I want to get the 2 weeks worth of notes off of the old (dan1) remote database and installed on to the master database.  I asked my remote database user to back up and send me a copy of the (dan1) database but apparently you are unable to back it up so that I can merge the databases.  

The remote user is 1000 miles away from me so I have to do all of this through google docs.  

Any ideas? Thanks.

Silver Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 11.0 remote database problem could not sync with Master database

Look at a program called Send this file (sendthisfile.com) to send a big file. Then when you get it, restore and do a lookup, Contact Activity to determine contact activity since the date of hte last sync. Finally, you would need to export this data to your master database to get it up to date.
Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider

Thank you for your help.  I can't figure what file to send to the master database computer.  Is it just one file or are there multiple files?  The only way that I knew how to this this in the past was to do a back up and then restore but I can't seem to do a back up on a remote database.  Again that you for your help.
Bronze Super Contributor

You are going to want all of the files - the .ADF and .Alf and the supplemental file folder.

Why can you not back up the remote - was the remote user not an admin user or is there not an admin user profile in the remote database?

That is a good question Scott.  I don't know if the remote database was set up as an admin or not.  I had the ACT support line help me set up the remote database and I am not sure how it was done.  Is there any downside to setting up the remote database users with admin capibilities?  Thanks for your help.