Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT !2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0 It was installed on or about June 7/09. Problems - Email, Task Sheduler & slow service

Art

ACT !2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0 It was installed on or about June 7/09. Problems - Email, Task Sheduler & slow service

There are 3 situations that are hampering my ability to conduct my business efficiently.They need to be corrected.  I thought ACT! 2009 would run much better than the version I upgraded from. So far its been a challenge. Please solve the following problems for me. 1)      Emailing problems -  On Sept 24/ 09 I tried to mass email my vendorsOnly 157 out of 374 of the emails were delivered before Microsoft closed down Act Email 4 days later I decided to send the remaining emails individually which is very time consuming. After 36 emails Microsoft again closed my Act email  and sent the following report.Microsoft closed down my ACT! email system for the following problem. System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type ‘ActEmailConnectorMetaData.aAct7EmailConnectorClass’ to interface type‘ActEmailConnectorMetaData.IaAct/EmailConnector’This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID‘(C11770C6-C4AD-4386-95D6-DD562F2967FA)’  failed due to the following error:  The RPC server is unavailable  (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA).At ActEmailConnectorMetaData.aAct7EmailConnectorClass.get_cCarriers ()At Act.UI.EmailConnector.get_Carrier Count ()At Act.UI.Email.UIEmailManager.OpenEmail () 2)      Maintenance Problem – Database Maintenance was set up by an Act support person June 7/09I discovered the other day that the task has never been completed. I have about 90 of these notices.     ========SCHEDULER SESSION - 2009-09-27T12:41:44 ========Start Date/Time: 2009-09-27T12:41:03Database: Contacts_New

User Name:  XXXXXXX

Machine Name: XXXXX

Type of Event: MaintenanceTask Frequency: Daily, every 1 daysResult: Task Not CompletedErrors: Failed to log into the database. The database could not be exclusively locked to perform the operation.Check statement aborted. The database could not be checked as a database snapshot could not be created and the database or table could not be locked. See Books Online for details of when this behavior is expected and what workarounds exist. Also see previous errors for more details.Database Maintenance error occurred with PRC_MAINT_CHECKUPDB: CHECKDB 3)   Most  days ACT! is extremely slow taking 15 seconds or more to wait for each action. Sometimes it even freezes up, especially on my marketing assistants computer.  I pay my assistant to come in & work from ACT!  Some days it’s a waste of time waiting for ACT to run properly
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT !2009 (11.0) Version 11.1.183.0 It was installed on or about June 7/09. Problems - Email, Task Sheduler & slow service

Art,

Sorry you are having problems with your ACT! software.  In an effort to resolve you email issues, please do this:

1) On the machine in question, close ACT! 2009 and open the control panel | add/remove programs option.

2) Find the line item called "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable -x86 9.0.21022" and remove it from the system (repair does not fix this).

3) From your ACT! install media, open the folder called "Dependencies".

4) Launch the package called "vcredist_x86.exe" and allow it to install on your machine. 

5) Next, open a command (DOS) window and navigate to the installed location of ACT! i.e.(%Program Files%\ACT\Act for Windows)

6) From this location, execute these commands in this order:

a) actemail -unregserver
b) regasm /unregister Act.Framework.Interop.dll
c) regasm /unregister Act.Application.Interop.dll
d) regasm /codebase Act.Application.Interop.dll
e) regasm /codebase Act.Framework.Interop.dll
f) actemail -regserver  

7) Launch ACT and test your scenarion again.

Please post back your results

thanks
Matthew McFadden