09-29-2009 10:49 AM
User Name: XXXXXXX
Machine Name: XXXXXType of Event: MaintenanceTask Frequency: Daily, every 1 daysResult: Task Not CompletedErrors: Failed to log into the database. The database could not be exclusively locked to perform the operation.Check statement aborted. The database could not be checked as a database snapshot could not be created and the database or table could not be locked. See Books Online for details of when this behavior is expected and what workarounds exist. Also see previous errors for more details.Database Maintenance error occurred with PRC_MAINT_CHECKUPDB: CHECKDB 3) Most days ACT! is extremely slow taking 15 seconds or more to wait for each action. Sometimes it even freezes up, especially on my marketing assistants computer. I pay my assistant to come in & work from ACT! Some days it’s a waste of time waiting for ACT to run properly
09-30-2009 10:41 AM
Sorry you are having problems with your ACT! software. In an effort to resolve you email issues, please do this:
1) On the machine in question, close ACT! 2009 and open the control panel | add/remove programs option.
2) Find the line item called "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable -x86 9.0.21022" and remove it from the system (repair does not fix this).
3) From your ACT! install media, open the folder called "Dependencies".
4) Launch the package called "vcredist_x86.exe" and allow it to install on your machine.
5) Next, open a command (DOS) window and navigate to the installed location of ACT! i.e.(%Program Files%\ACT\Act for Windows)
6) From this location, execute these commands in this order:
a) actemail -unregserver
7) Launch ACT and test your scenarion again.
Please post back your results