Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2009 11.0 - No Editing Tools for Email

ACT 2009 11.0 - No Editing Tools for Email

I am working in ACT 2009 version 11.0 and the email system does not allow use of the editing tools such as bolding, bullets, underlining, hyperlinks, font changes, color changes, spell check, etc.  The buttons are visible but greyed out and not available.  If anyone can please offer me a solution I would greatly appreciate it.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2009 11.0 - No Editing Tools for Email

Hello KellyKemmis,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

If your computer has a Vista or Windows 7 operating system, try running ACT! using the 'Run As Administrator' option.  To do this: close ACT! > right click on ACT! icon > select 'Run as administrator'.

If that does not resolve the issue, please provide additional information:

- What is your operating system?

- Which email system are you using (Outlook, ACT! Internet Mail)?

- Did this ever work?

- Can you send an email successfully?

Greg Martin
Sage

Thank you for your response Greg.  The answers to your questions are below.  Please respond and let me know if there is a solution.  Thank you!

If that does not resolve the issue, please provide additional information:

- What is your operating system?  Windows XP Home Edition

- Which email system are you using (Outlook, ACT! Internet Mail)?  Outlook Express

- Did this ever work? - No we just worked around it, but now it's creating problems when needing to send formatted information.

- Can you send an email successfully? - Yes

Kelly Kemmis

Landmark Metalcoat

951-695-4522 x109

kelly@landmarkmetalcoat.com

Platinum Super Contributor

Unfortunately, this is a limitation when using ACT! Internet Mail with Outlook Express. 

Depending on your mail provider, you may be able to set up Internet Mail directly to your mail service.  Removing Outlook Express from the setup will allow the editing tools to be available.  Here is an article with more information about setting up Internet Mail: KB Article 22985

Note: You may have originally set up ACT! with Outlook Express due to port restrictions.

I assume you have it integrated with Outlook Express because Outlook is not installed.  If that is incorrect, you can integrate ACT! with Outlook and use the Outlook 'new message' editor.  For instructions: KB Article 26832

Greg Martin
Sage