Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 with Outlook 2007 - email format issues, extra blank lines within emails in ACT.

Copper Contributor

ACT 2008 with Outlook 2007 - email format issues, extra blank lines within emails in ACT.

I've been searching these forums and have found no one talking about this.

I've got ACT 2008 Premium and Outlook 2007 running on XP.  All products have their service packs and updates installed.  I use Outlook to send/receive my emails and it automatically adds history items in ACT.

When I view the emails that were put into ACT, the messages have additional line spacing (black lines) within the messages.  Paragraphs have multiple blank lines between them; anything that had a <RETURN> after it (in the email) now has a <RETURN> and an additional blank line in ACT.  Viewing the message from Outlook it appears as I typed it, same as if I paste the outlook email into another program.  But from ACT there is extra spacing.  The messages are composed using HTML email in Outllook and I do not want to switch to Plain Text emails as a solution.

Has no one else seen this issue?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 with Outlook 2007 - email format issues, extra blank lines within emails in ACT.

Did you mean blank or blank lines?

Are you using the ACT! Email application or directly to Outlook?

What version of ACT! (the full build from Help | About)?

Is your history set to attach the email or copy the email body?

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 with Outlook 2007 - email format issues, extra blank lines within emails in ACT.

I meant blank lines only... as per the subject.

I'm using Outlook 2007 to compose messages, not the internal ACT Email application.

ACT Version is Premium 2008 (10.0) ST Edition Version 10.0.1.199 English (Canada)

History Options are set to the second option, Date, Time, Subject and Message Text.

I like this option because you actually get the text viewable in ACT from the preview window without opening the particular history item and then the email attachement.  The only issue with this is the extra blank lines that are showing up in the attached "message text" part.

Platinum Elite Contributor

I don't think there is a way around this unless you use the <br> for a line feed in the Outlook HTML instead of the <p>

When it converts to Text or RTF, the <p> will be like a double carriage-return as a paragraph tag. The <br> is just a line feed.

Unfortunately, in some html editors (including Outlook), you don't always see the difference.

Not sure how to set the default in Outlook