Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2008 with FaxAdmin add-on & WinFax Pro using MS Office 2007

ACT! 2008 with FaxAdmin add-on & WinFax Pro using MS Office 2007

Anyone have any issues with the above mentioned combination. By the way the "FaxBlast" feature in FaxAdmin 2008 works great! Just remember to use the converting tool that brackets the area code. If you don't Winfax will not dial a 1 before the area code. Remember to use only WinFax 10.03 and do not upgrade to 10.04.
Tuned Listener

Re: ACT! 2008 with FaxAdmin add-on & WinFax Pro using MS Office 2007

I have just downloaded the FaxAdmin, and if I am not wrong, I was told to upgrade to the latest WinFax 10.04.

You tell not to do so.

What is your experience if 10.04 is installed?

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I forgot my password for this stupid site. To answer your question go to www.getfaxing.com . They are the WinFax experts now. I have used the WinFax program for years and I just got this new 'puter back in December and I tried to load Winfax with WinXP pro and I couldn't install it. So I paid tech support there to help me and it still took over 2 hrs to get it installed and working. I asked the tech there if I should install the 10.04 upgrade patch and he told me not to, so I am just passing the info along. I have done about 30 fax blasts with ACT 10 and FaxAdmin and its worked fine. As always its real slow so I keep it to about 200 faxes a day. And remember once you start you can't stop WinFax (LOL) Its like the terminator, it never stops faxing until that "event" is finished.  Smiley Very Happy

Tuned Listener

Hallo. Thanks for sharing the very useful information and experience with me and others, about WinFax and FaxAdmin combined with ACT 10.

Paying US$ 39.99 to get LIVE Support to get a WinFax PRO software related problem solved, can sometimes be a good bargain!

Also I notice that www.GetFaxing.com are offering several interesting add-on software, such as Fax UserControl and Close Controller for WinFax.

LOL. It is several years since I used WinFax, but I remember some of the shortcomings you are referring to (like the "fax terminator").

Regarding speed: On my old slow computer, I remember it could take several hours to bulid a faxing list with some thousand recepients (with highly graphical information).

The sending speed was also slow (I still don't know if it will be faster with any other software), but was improved as I could add two modems (they should be of a different brand/type, for this feature to work properly).

I also had the problem that the software could look up. This was improved, as I changed to high quality modems (Eicon Diva) that had a fax processor built into it, that was supposed to speed up the transfer speed as well. Before I started using these, if I got a fax transfer problem, the modem disconnected ("went dead") and the the transmission stopped completely. With the new modems in place, the software handled this, and restarted the modem.

I also experienced problems like how to stop WinFax (in the night). My solution was to put all the outgoing faxes on hold (several thousand outgoing faxes), then just release the number of faxes that I expected to be able to send for that particular day.

I can't get ACT to know that I have Winfax installed on my computer. It is Winfax Pro 10.03.

When I am in the ACT | Tools | Preferences | Communication | Fax Software - the pull down box only displays an option for None.

Any idea how to make the two see each other?

Thanks!
Tuned Listener

The fax function in ACT! 2005 or later is provided through ACT! Add-ons. Click the ACT! Add-on Solutions  link for information regarding faxing Add-ons.

If you install ASDS FaxAdmin (cost US$ 79, you will be able to use WinFax 10.03 (or higher) or Microsoft Fax 2003/XP with your ACT! 2008.