Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 - very slow....

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT 2008 - very slow....

Hello.....

I have ACT! 2008 (10.0) V 10.0.2.191 running in Windows XP pro SP2

Hardware Lenovo Laptop, with Core2Duo procesor, 2.1 GHz, and 1 GB Ram at 2.09Ghz, Harddrive is a seagate 100GB at 7200 RPM.

The laptop is 2 months old (fresh Act load) not much loaded on it, ACT! is not synced to any e-mail (We use GroupWise) and I have Companionlink for Sync to my blackberry, although I only installed this a few weeks ago and there was no change - ACT! has been slow from day one.

DB has less than 1600 contacts, with about 130 company records.  -- the ADF file (I am assuming "Act Data File") is 42.3 MB

Symptoms

Fail to Start / load DB after computer startup - manually launched, need to close act window and launch again. 

First 5 minutes or so suitching from contact view to companies can take 20 to 4 seconds.

Editing an Opportunity - when I press ok - this also taked 2- to 40 seconds.  (it is hard enough to get our sales team to use ACT - slow performance dooms it.)

Check and Repair (with reindex) has little effect.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author pauljmoore
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 - very slow....

pauljmoore,

First of all, GREAT POST! Smiley Happy You included everything we need to get you the help you need.  So here we go...

First, there is yet another update you need to install for Act!, v10.0.3.  You can find it here: Act! 10.0.3 Standard Update (US).  Next, if this doesn't resolve anything for you, there is another thing that may be affecting your system.  If you have over 100 activities a day, it can slow your system's performance.  You can find the write-up here: Answer ID: 22412, Today's Calendar is Slow Loading.

Hope this helps.

MrWright

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author pauljmoore
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

pauljmoore,

First of all, GREAT POST! Smiley Happy You included everything we need to get you the help you need.  So here we go...

First, there is yet another update you need to install for Act!, v10.0.3.  You can find it here: Act! 10.0.3 Standard Update (US).  Next, if this doesn't resolve anything for you, there is another thing that may be affecting your system.  If you have over 100 activities a day, it can slow your system's performance.  You can find the write-up here: Answer ID: 22412, Today's Calendar is Slow Loading.

Hope this helps.

MrWright

Hello MrWright!

How can I have 100 activites a day when I am troubleshooting Act?  - just kidding - I'll try the update, and check back in if it resolves the issue. 

As for the info - I have been looking through the forums extensivly - and that was the only two common threads were more info and HD at 7200rpm.

Thanks.

Paul

Oh... I don't use smarticons - I must have typed the symbol shortcut  somthing like a , and then ).....Paul

Hello again Mr. Wright:

The rev upgrade seems to have worked well - thanks for the info.  -

Paul