Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 v10 for Real Estate in complete LOCK DOWN!

ACT 2008 v10 for Real Estate in complete LOCK DOWN!

I've been using ACT since 1995 and this is a first.  I've been using ACT 2008 v10 for Real Estate for about 5 months.  I migrated an older version of ACT over.

My older version had many fields that are not relevant to this version.  I just deleted them yesterday and added a few.

I like to change my layout as well.

With that said, My ACT will not work.

I am getting the following errors.

After launch if I add text to a field in My Record I get "Deleting the contact name of My Record is not permitted" I hit OK and it takes me to the next contact record. 

If I add text to any field on any contact record I get "This contact no longer exists in the database" I hit OK and it takes me to the next record without saving the text nor deleting that record.

If I have a rollover activity and hit the clear button and I get "Error setting last fields"

I can add a new contact but the moment I add text to any field I get the "This contact no longer exists in the database"

All I did yesterday is delete many fields, add a few of my own fields, and changed the contact layout.

Anyone have ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 v10 for Real Estate in complete LOCK DOWN!

This is certainly as a result of the fields that were deleted/removed. Some fields are crucial for the db to function properly. Do you have a backup?

Re: ACT 2008 v10 for Real Estate in complete LOCK DOWN!

I created a back up of the database that wouldn't work.  I then restored the backup with a new name.  So far the database is working perfectly.  The fields are still deleted and my layout and custom fields are present.  The fields I deleted were from my old version and none from the new database version.  I will add to my thread if I have more trouble. Thanks for replying.