Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2008 user fields in import to Outlook 2007 or best way to sync a BlackBerry Storm

Tuned Listener

ACT! 2008 user fields in import to Outlook 2007 or best way to sync a BlackBerry Storm

I know this should be directed to Microsoft but... Anyway, I am trying to get my ACT! 2008 data, including some user defined fields, into my new BlackBerry Storm.  I tried Companionlink Express 3.0 but it messes up when you try to do subsequent syncs (duplicate records).  So, next I thought I would try dumping data into Outlook as BlackBerry can talk to Outlook.  Unfortunately, Outlook 2007 doesn't have ACT! 2008 as a possible import but when I used v9, the user field labels come over but not all the data.

If anyone knows how to fix the above great or if you have a suggestion on how to sync ACT! 2008 to a BlackBerry Storm using OS 4.7, it would be greatly appreciated.

Re: ACT! 2008 user fields in import to Outlook 2007 or best way to sync a BlackBerry Storm

I do hope we find an answer - although i'm out of town, my new BB Storm arrived at my home today and I planned to spend part of T Day getting it up and running...  counting on having ACT as part of the system!!!!

Wes

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2008 user fields in import to Outlook 2007 or best way to sync a BlackBerry Storm

Tuned Listener

WOW! $360/year/user...It is a bit of overkill if you are just looking to sync data into a contact list. That product is more like having a full version of ACT! on your handheld.  Looks like a nice product.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Remember, that's $AU... so quite a bit cheaper in $US

But, for less than $1 per day, I find it saves me much more in time.

I downloaded Companion Link and it works beautifully...  to get rid of the duplicates. set your settings (in comanionlink) to erase everthing and reinstall from your computer - TURN OFF 2 WAY SYNC....  My first attempt had duplicates, but after changing these settings it brough everything over beautifully.

Wes

How many contacts are you synching to your Storm?  What version of ACT are you using?  How long does it take to synch?  Is it still running smoothly?

Thanks

Tuned Listener

I was able to get companionlink express to work as a one way dump.  You do have to clear the BB contacts database first.  I have over 5000 contacts in ACT!2008.  The dump took about 20 minutes and all is working well.  The two way sync is not working correctly.  I couldn't get companionlink to do a correct two way sync on calendars either (Outlook 2007). So, I just keep all the real data on my computer and push in onto the BB by clearing memory and then dumping out when ever needed.

[ Edited ]

I have a Storm and am using CompanionLink to sync my ACT 11 data with the Blackberry. Had some of the duplicate records issue that you described, and my "work around" was to set data to sync in 1 direction from PC to BB.

As you have the Storm, you have figured out that data entry is a pain with the user interface, and for what I do, updating all of my data on the laptop (which has a full size and real keyboard works fine). Would like to be able to modify ACT data or create activity on Storm, but it's a like, not a need. 

Good Luck.

<Content edit.  Please keep it courteous.>

Message Edited by dlunceford on 12-29-2008 09:12 AM