Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 starting over

ACT 2008 starting over

Hello,

New to this job and ACT, here is my situation: person before set up ACT and installed it. No one was able to use it effectively. We need a CRM system running, trying to figure out how the database was set-up, which I think is the problem. Is there a way I can clear the database set-up and start over without having to uninstall and reinstall? I have already exported all the data to an excel file and will manually input it back in once i have the database set-up correctly.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 starting over

Just create a new database with the ACT! program. the database isn't part of the program. By the way you can import the Excel into the new database. However, you may want to contact and ACT! Certified Consultant to help get the database setup properly for your application.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

If I delete the files, all of them - .pad and the folders, will this clear everything and still leave the prgoram intack? not he best with tech stuff. just want to make sure beofre I do somethign too drastic

Also, if there were fields created that I do not want to use this time around, how do I delete them, if I cannot find them? When i look up a contact there is no field in view with the data I have exported, are fields hidden somehow?

Platinum Elite Contributor

You can have more than one database. When you create a new database it will be a default database and include nothing from the previous database. You can then modify the database to suit your needs.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Thanks! Started my new database