Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 not working with Word 2007

ACT 2008 not working with Word 2007

I am having the two following problems (among others but these are the most recent and troubling) with ACT 2008:

1)    ACT templates are no longer working in Word 2007.  I cannot edit and save, nor do a "save as" for any ACT template.

2)    ACT is no longer recording the history for documents created in Word 2007

I have Word set as my word processor. I just recently bought a new computer and both of these functions were working fine on my old computer.  I am running Windows XP PRO.

We have run all of the diagnostics on ACT and WORD and done everything else we can think of to try to figure this out. I even contacted a consultant who was unable to help me figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas??

I open an existing template. If I try to edit and save it, I get the following error message:  "Document is already in use."  If I do "save as," all I get are the Word document types.  I cannot save a template as an "adt".  As to recording history, on my old computer, when I printed a document that I'd created while in ACT using Word, I would get a window that would ask me if I'd like to record the history.  I am no longer getting this message, nor is any history being recorded.

Any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated.