Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 installation on secondary computer - activation fails

ACT 2008 installation on secondary computer - activation fails

we have purchased a two user version of ACT 2008 for our sales force of two.  They both have laptops and an office workstation PC but only use either of them not both, hence the two users.  Unfortunately, when we have installed the software on the first laptop having already doen the two workstations and gone for activation of the software it fails because the licence code has already been activated once.  This is likely to happen again when we install the other laptop.  I noticed in another thread that the license agreement allows for a primary and seocndary installation so my question is how do you activate the secondary install?
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 installation on secondary computer - activation fails

Hi Mike,

Contact customer service, explain your setup and they will be able to reset your serial number for registration. You are corect, each of your two licenses can be registered on both a laptop and workstation computer. 

Customer Service: 877-386-8083 

Hi,

Thanks for the prompt reply and confirmation that I am not going mad.  We are in the UK so is it the usual UK customer service number for Sage or ACT?

Thank you once again

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Mike,

Yes it would be. Sorry about that, didn't notice you were in the UK.