Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 - email recipient uses wrong field

ACT 2008 - email recipient uses wrong field

When any user clicks on an ACT contact to email them (thru Outlook), the email pops up by default with the contact's last name in the "to:" field. Is there a way to make the first and last names show up?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 - email recipient uses wrong field

No, this is not an option.

You can lookup by last name in ACT! first, then click the email icon

You can also request this feature at the Requesti a Feature page linked from the Feedback link at the bottom of this page

Actually, I misread the question... it should show the Contact field. Do you have "First Last" in the contact field?

Which contact field are you asking about? I just need to configure it so that when I try to email Joe Smith, the to: line in the email message comes up as "Joe Smith" instead of "Smith".

That's what it does for me.

What version of ACT! from Help | about?
What version of Outlook?
What do you have in ACT!'s "Contact" field? Do you have "John Smith" in that field?
What email client do you use... direct to Outlook or via the ACT! Email client?
What steps to send email?

ACT 2008 10.0.0.237 hotfix 1, Outlook 2007. The database doesn't have a "contact" field, it has "contact first name" and "contact last name." Should I add another field that combines those two?

ACT! has a Contact field that it uses for many functions ... it's there in every database. It will then parse this for it's own First and Last name fields for lookups, etc.

You should put that on the Layout and use that instead of the fields you created. The ones you created won't be used by ACT! functions such as emails, Lookups, and links to other parts of ACT!

You might also get the update to 10.01 from http://www.act.com/support/updates/index.cfm