Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 and new Vista computer

ACT 2008 and new Vista computer

I installed ACT 2008 v10 a couple months ago working just fine on my MS XP system.  Just purchased a new laptop with Vista, and I am encountering errors when installing ACT.  Program appears to install and finish fine, however, when I attempt to open ACt, I get this message:
Could not load file or assembly "ACTFramework,Version=10.0.237.0,
Culture=neutral. PublicKey Token=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa' or one of its
dependencies.  The system cannot find the file specified.

We uninstalled ACT, but I continue to get this message when opening my Outlook 2007

The Add-In ACT!Extension" (C:\Windows\system32\ACT9Ext.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled
by Outlook.  Please contact the Add -in Manufacturer for an update.  If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

So, we attempted to intall ACT once more to no avail.....same problem as above,
but now I get an additional error when I open Outlook...."The Add-In "Redemption Helper Outlook Extension" cannot be loaded.....

I can use Outlook fine, but cannot get ACT to work.  Anyone have the answer?

Thanks

Re: ACT 2008 and new Vista computer

You have a corrupted Index.  Seek professional help before the system crashes!
Pastor E.

Thank you  for the response.  I went into the task manager and noticed:

SVCHOST.EXE repeating itself about 16 tiimes.  This tells me it's running in the background.  I guess I better get some help.

I bought a new computer with the 64 bit version of Vista. My old reliable ACT 6.0 would not install so I bought ACT 2008. It will not install either.

Has anyone figured this out,
Platinum Elite Contributor

There is no support for Vista 64bit. Microsoft actually require a different edition of SQL Server for 64bit