Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2008 - WinFax - Vista - Missing Photographic-Quality faxes and two fax modems!

Tuned Listener

ACT! 2008 - WinFax - Vista - Missing Photographic-Quality faxes and two fax modems!

I have used WinFax for many years.

What I particularly liked was the super crisp photographic-quality that WinFax offered (300 x 300 dpi).

The possibility to use two modems (low cost fax broadcasting), easy conversion of PDF and word documents, fully integration with ACT! and the phone book, numberous Templates, drag-and-drop faxing, etc.

This was great for fax marketing.

Unfortunately, WinFax does not work with Vista.

Please advise if there is any solution to this, such as running WinFax in XP compatible mode, or if there is a new fax driver for Vista??
Tuned Listener

Re: ACT! 2008 - WinFax - Vista - Missing Photographic-Quality faxes and two fax modems!

With ACT! 2008, I can use FaxAdmin 2008 with MS Fax. FaxAdmin 2008 looks neat and is well integrated with ACT! 2008, but again then I only get to use one modem, and can send faxes with a maximum resolution of 200 dpi x 200 dpi (the maximum fax resolution offered by MS Fax?).

So this time, it appears that newer and better, is less and more expensive.

In the case that WinFax is forever gone, are there any alternatives on the market, that can offer me the same features that WinFax 10.03/10.04 PRO offered?

(Still hoping that Symantec will sell the source code of WinFax to some up-and-coming programmers, that can take it further).

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT! 2008 - WinFax - Vista - Missing Photographic-Quality faxes and two fax modems!

I have found a program called ClearFax Pro V2.0 that offer optimum high resolution faxes.

This software is said to offer:

"Send using the ClearFax Printer Driver:

ClearFax is an optional third-party printer driver for faxing. With ClearFax you can produce stunning, high-resolution output - even on the oldest fax machines. The WinFax macro automatically detects and supports the ClearFax printer driver and there is no setting required to use this printer driver. For more information on the ClearFax Printer Driver, visit http://www.clearfax.com

NOTE: If the ClearFax printer driver is installed, the WinFax macro will automatically detect and use this printer driver for all faxes."

I found this information here: www.getfaxing.com/downloads/faxmacromanual.htm

(If would be nice to hear from anyone that does have some experience with this software?).

But again, this is not compatible with Vista.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Not sure if it works in Norway, but you might ask the guys at Prodocom about MergeMaster!

Works with ACT! 7.0 - 10.0
Does email, fax and sms
Heaps of reports
Linked directly from ACT!
Can include Company fields as well as Contact fields
Tuned Listener

I checked this one (seems to be a nice service).

The problem here is the operating costs, when all the communication is routed through another contigent.

It actually works out less than the phone calls if we sent them via our land line with WinFAX... but I guess that depends on the rates you pay
Tuned Listener

From my location, the cost of sending a fax is US$ 0.00 - if I send it through broadband cable. That is hard to match. :-)

We just pay a flat rate per month (that can be as low as US$ 22 per month).

So, you still have a service provider to take the IP communication and send it via land lines

You should ask them about creating a link to ACT!?