Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 (Version 10) with Office2007

ACT 2008 (Version 10) with Office2007

I am trying to create a mail merge template using Word 2007 and cannot add mail merge fields to the template. I cannot find the Add-Ins tab in Word2007. Does this mean there was an install problem?
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 (Version 10) with Office2007

Make sure the ACT extensions are not disabled in Word.

To do this, Open Word, click on the Microsoft Button in the top left corner and go to Word Options.
Click on Add-ins in the left column.
Once the Add-in screen comes up, click on on the Manage drop down at the bottom of the screen and select Disabled Items / Go
If ACT Extensions show, highlight it and click Enable.
Once that is done, again in the Manage drop down select Com Add-ins / Go
And place a check in the two Add-ins listed for ACT.
Restart Word and you should now have the Add-ins section in Word.
Tuned Listener

I have had the same problem for awhile now, what two add-ins should be there for ACT, I only have one (ACT! Office 2007 Addin) and it is active.

It shows the location as mscoree.dll, all the other add-ins have a locations like C:\...PDFofficeaddin.dll.

I have this same problem but I am using Microsoft Word 97-2003.  I have spent an inordinate amount of time looking for the fabled "add-ins tab" to no avail.  Can someone point me in the right direction?  Many thanks!
LM
Copper Contributor

This is similar to my problem. I have the two ACT add-ins but the ACT! Office 2007 Addin is shown as Inactive. When I go to manage COM add-ins and click the inactive one, I get a statement at the bottom under Load Behavior: Not loaded. A runtime error occured during the loading of the COM Add-in.

LM