Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 Upgrades

ACT 2008 Upgrades

Reading reviews on the web and certainly the comments on this forum, it seems that the "fans" of ACT 2008 are truly few and far between. I have not noticed any updates/ upgrades to this software since I installed it.

Isn't it about time that Sage took notice of the feedback from its customers who paid good money for what they believed was going to be an improvement over their previous version.

Sage get your "ACT" together, deliver a software version that works, unless you do I can guarantee one customer that has been loyal since ACT 2000, that will not be back.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 Upgrades

You're unlikely to find "fan" type comments on areas that are so far (it's only beed 1 day) used for tech support.

There has been an ACT! 10.01 since ACT! 2008 was released that did fix a lot of issues.

What problems are you having? Maybe someone has a solution

I have thoroughly enjoyed using ACT! - until I upgraded to ACT! 2008. Since installing the upgrade I continuously receive an error message regarding Framework Service interrupted.  I close the window and within a few minutes I lose my internet connection. Any suggestions?

I agree.  Sage could have a killer ap if they would just deliver some basic repairs.

I used ACT! 2000 originally as well and did an upgrade to 8.0 that was an absolute disaster.  ACT! support recommended 9.0 since it fixed "a lot of problems".  we upgraded to 9.0 and it was still a memory hog that still crashed 2GB memory machines.  There was very  little improvement in the way it was used and remained difficult to work with.

I went back to 6.0

I don't see why SAGE couldn't offer a DBF based ACT! rather than the SQL versions that is ridiculous when you have 10,00 contacts or less.  SQL is for huge databases.  most people use it on a stand alone basis, I think.

I have not seen an error - "Framework Service interrupted"

Can you post the full error?
What were you doing at the time it happened?
Also any detail from the Windows Event log at the same time

It sounds like the Microsoft .Net Framework may have been corrupted on your system

I will post the next time I receive the error message.

I have been an ACT! user since before windows. I just bought a new Vista system so I had to upgrade from ACT! 4.0 to ACT! 2008. The new system has 1GB memory with an AMD 64 processor. ACT! runs really slow on this system. I'm going to add 1 or 2 GB to see if it  speeds things up. I've had numerous problems with ACT! 2008. I've converted a few old files but some databases won't convert. The data file conversions fail. When I try to convert the file a 2nd time, I get a message that the new file already exists. I delete the bad new file and I still get the message. When you fill out the secondary contact info, you can't minimize ACT! This makes it difficult to copy and paste contact info from other windows. At one point, ACT! quit working and I had to uninstall and reinstall it. This happened just after my free 30 days of support.  I can't believe I have to go through mail merge just to print a fax cover sheet for one contact. The early versions of ACT ran faster, and I was using less powerful computers back then. The IRS must have designed ACT! 2008 because the software is so problematic that you have to pay for help just to keep it running.  I've been actively looking for replacement software. I won't be back either.  

"I have been an ACT! user since before windows. I just bought a new Vista system so I had to upgrade from ACT! 4.0 to ACT! 2008. The new system has 1GB memory with an AMD 64 processor. ACT! runs really slow on this system. I'm going to add 1 or 2 GB to see if it  speeds things up."

Yes, that's important... Vista will use 800MB on it's own leaving little of your 1GB for ACT!

"I've converted a few old files but some databases won't convert. The data file conversions fail."

Sounds like corruption in the database. I suggest you Compress and Reindex and get a copy of RedFlag to run on the database - very useful to clean databases prior to conversion

Thanks for the encouragement.

According to the help file I am currently using version ACT! by Sage 2008 (10.0) Version 10.0.1.199

My main concerns at this time are:

When opening a fax template the <create date> field comes up with a date that is not current although my computers date and time settings and Acts settings are current.

E mail create pops the window up in the background instead of the foreground.

E mail (using ACT e mail) does not want to send and recieve, it seems when the alarm window is open.

Got the handheld software on trial (albeit a different company) puts everything in the wrong place.

I only use part of this program for storing customers, writing faxes, e mails and correspondence, hence I am not experiencing a lot of the problems that other users who are using ACT to the full are experiencing.

Thanks to anyone that can shed some light on these issues.

Paul.
Copper Contributor

I recently raised the question about the date line.  If you're using Word, I think the key will be to simply locate your cursor where you want the date line to insert and then click the box to "update automatically" for any of your templates.  I kept using the Act field for Letter Date which may have worked if I was using Act processing.

Dan Turner
Conyers, Georgia