Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 (Standard) Sync Problem

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2008 (Standard) Sync Problem

I have an issue where the Sync process hangs on the client PC at the "Syncronizing" point.  The database is installed on a SBS 2003 Premium server which has SQL 2005 Workgroup installed.  Manually Act is open on the server with the administrator login.  The user synced in the morning and it took 3 minutes.  After working in Act all day and doing a number of updates the sync process now just seems to hang (left it go for 20 munutes).  Lets say the number of contacts and emails updated/created were approximately 100 of 4000.  I have two questions:

1 - As a guess, how long should this take?

1 - Is there a way other than the progress bar to see that the sync process is working?  (If not an update counter ie: "Update 25 of 100" would be usefull).

TIA

Mark

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark6900
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 (Standard) Sync Problem

It turnes out to be a Protexis problem.  In researching synch problems on these forums, there has been problems with this module for a long time without a fix or workaround.  In my case the service was stuck in "Starting".  Using task manager I had to end the task and then go back to the services form and manualy start it.  The service starts without a problem and the users are able to synch. 

Hopefully this is fixed in 2009.  It is nice to see a progress bar that gives a clue to the synch process.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Mark,

Theres no telling how long it will take.  Its different in every environment/database.  ACT! 2008 10.0.3 update improved syncrhonization.  If you're not on 10.0.3 already, upgrade all machines to 10.0.3 and try to sync again

ACT! 2009 provides an updated sync progress interface that has those counters

Solution
Accepted by topic author Mark6900
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

It turnes out to be a Protexis problem.  In researching synch problems on these forums, there has been problems with this module for a long time without a fix or workaround.  In my case the service was stuck in "Starting".  Using task manager I had to end the task and then go back to the services form and manualy start it.  The service starts without a problem and the users are able to synch. 

Hopefully this is fixed in 2009.  It is nice to see a progress bar that gives a clue to the synch process.

Copper Contributor

Refer to KB article "Protexis® Licensing Services' Status is Listed as Starting"...

Wow.  I never would of thought Protexis service could stop the ability to sync.  I will definitely forward this along.

Thanks.