Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2008 - Lookup more than one field

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2008 - Lookup more than one field

I'm just starting to work with ACT! and have the following problem:

I would like to assign acitvity fields to each company of my database (similar to the "Industry" field located in the company info tab) Some companies have several activity fields. That's way I'm planning to add more drop down lists to the layout, Activity field 1,2,3 etc. In the end I would like to be able to lookup companies by entering keywords (like: "manufacture of food products") searching through all the "field of activity dropdown lists" to show the companies who are working in the special field.

Is it possible to create such a lookup (searching through more than one field per company) and how? Man Surprised

Thank you for your support!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Toby_85
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT! 2008 - Lookup more than one field

Toby,

You can do this using the Advanced lookup function and the query might look like (field A = electrical) or (field b = electrical) or (field c = electrical) where each of the fields is on a seperate line and it will search across all three.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Toby_85
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Contributor

Toby,

You can do this using the Advanced lookup function and the query might look like (field A = electrical) or (field b = electrical) or (field c = electrical) where each of the fields is on a seperate line and it will search across all three.

Paul Buchtmann

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

pbuchtmann,

THANK YOU! I didn't see this simple solution Smiley Wink It works! Have to get used to this forum, I think I rated your post with a 1, thinking it would mean: best.. (european understanding of rating^^).. I noticed that in this forum it unfortunately means exactly the opposite! Sorry about that!

Bronze Contributor

Glad to hear that it worked
Paul Buchtmann