Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 Layout Design Editor Not responding

Tuned Listener

ACT 2008 Layout Design Editor Not responding

ACT 2008 v 10.0.3.182, Hotfix 1

Window XP Pro SR3

Database was copied from a 'dying laptop". I was able to open the DB, add new fields and enter and modify the Design Layout in a single day. When I try to open the layout editor the next day it's just a white screen and act is not responding.

I am currently the single user with admin rights.....  NOTE: I have uninstalled and installed a minimum of 6 times with the same problem - works one day and not the next.

Regards,

Carey

Re: ACT 2008 Layout Design Editor Not responding

Hello Carey,

Is the issue specific to the layout?  You can test by switching layouts within the Contact Detail view and then accessing the layout designer.

Tuned Listener

David - Thanks for the reply. The strange thing is I was able to get into the design layout several times this week until today. I had changed my page file settings and I thought since it worked I had solved the problem. Now today it started denying me access to design layout ...  I tried using a basic layout for my db and the same thing.......  incredibly frustrating........
Tuned Listener

David - just after I posted this morning, I again upsized my page file size - bam-I was able to enter the design layout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!