Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2008 Email

ACT! 2008 Email

I have ACT! 2008 and I'm having the same problem with email as the person in this thread: http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&thread.id=10385

As the last guy described it: 

"I open Act.

I open the Act Email. (It is set up to work alone, not related to Outlook Express or Outlook).

I press "Send/Receive".

I have 2 email accounts. On the first one I have no email waiting to be downloaded. On the second one I have 8.

Act Email tells me I have 8 emails, and show something like it is downloading them. When it finishes and try to save them on the computer, a big error message appears:

------

ActEmail,exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.

What data does this error report contain?:

Error signature:

AppName: actemail.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 AppStamp:48628ab6
ModName: emailshared.dll ModVer: 0.0.0.0 ModStamp:48628a6c
fDebug: 0 Offset: 0005e4e3"

The accepted solution traced the problem to a faulty update, and the solver apparently added a link to download a fully-patched installer of ACT! 2008.  The original poster replied that this had solved the problem.  Well, I'm having the same problem and I'd like to solve it, but the link to the patched installer isn't there any more.  Could someone point me to it?  Thanks!

Re: ACT! 2008 Email

No one?  Really?