Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2008 Email and Outlook 2003 - crashes when sending to many recipients - EVERY time

Copper Contributor

ACT! 2008 Email and Outlook 2003 - crashes when sending to many recipients - EVERY time

I have ACT! 2008 (latest patches, updates, whatever) and am running with MS Outlook 2003 SP2.  I am sending/receiving email via Outlook client, but and Using ACT! email to Compose email (HTML) if that makes sense.

I want to do a very simple thing that Outlook cannot do without constantly keeping up with distribution lists: Use ID/Status Lookup to create list of "Customers" and "Prospects."  Then Run ACT! email client to create/forward email and use my "Lookup" to select all of these records and put in Bcc to email.  The total number of records is about 550.  When I select the lookup and click "Bcc", after 10-15 seconds of loading these contacts in Bcc, Outlook (Act.exe) crashes.  I can reproduce this 100% of the time.

Any ideas how to fix? 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2008 Email and Outlook 2003 - crashes when sending to many recipients - EVERY time

Most email products will crash when trying to BCC that many addresses ... and most ISPs won't allow it as they'll flag it as spam.

Your best bet would be to look at either MergeMaster! or SwiftPage for this