Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2008 Application Hang

ACT! 2008 Application Hang

I have 1 computer on our network that hangs when navigating to any section in ACT after loginIt does not matter if he goes to calendar or groups, it hangs for 20 minutesWe have 2 other computers that work fine with no serious hangs. Our network consists of 1 server 2.8 Xeon proc with4GB ram that shares database, 1 dell gigabit switch.   I have done the following so far to try and remedy the issueUpdated ACT! on all computers and server to the latest version 10.0.3Ran Act diag running database fixes for known activity issuescompletely formatted computer fresh install of XP SP3 and all patches complete fresh install of ACT 2008 standard to 10.0.3 only running office 2003 and Trend Micro client security 5.567hardware specs Dell E521 AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual core 4000+, 2 GB Ram, 160GB 7200 RPM HDDI also just installed a netgear NIC GA311 to give gigabit speedI removed all video acceleration page file set to 2973mbI have also ran all the speed up suggestions from knowledgebaseI am all out of ideasMy gut wonders if the CPU can handle appI did not buy this machine I usually buy Intel procsPlease help ASAP
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2008 Application Hang

Some suggestions:

- Make sure the machine meets the minimum system requirements for ACT! 2008 

- Try running ACT! with the security disabled on the machine

- Check the Windows Event Viewer for that machine...see if there any errors under the Application log that happen at the time of the hangup.  If there are .NET errors, then you will have to uninstall ACT!, Microsoft SQL and Microsoft .NET 2.0 then reinstall.

- Try rebooting the machine in Selective Startup mode..see if there might be a 3rd party service conflicting with ACT!

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.