Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2008 - Activities not rolling over

ACT 2008 - Activities not rolling over

My activities are not rolling over, event though I have set preferences to have them do, AND even after I get the popup window saying, "you have so many calls, meetings, and to dos to roll over" and click OK. Any reason why this should be happening, and how to fix it?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2008 - Activities not rolling over

After they roll-over, you may need to refresh the view to see the change - View | Refresh (or F5)

If that doesn't help.... click yes to rollover, close ACT! and re-open it. Are they rolled over? Do you get the message again?

Also, are the activities just Calls, meetings and To-dos or are they Custom Activities?

Thanks for the reply, Mike, but as I stated, they are not rolling over in the first place. F5 in ACT, of course, opens the monthly calendar; it does not refresh. And there is no Refresh option under the View pull-down. The activities are all kinds - calls and to-dos (I have no meetings scheduled in the past). Each time I have started ACT, I have clicked, "Yes to roll over uncleared activities to today's calendar". Each time, nothing rolled over. Do I have buggy software?

Sorry - Ctrl-F5

Does it ask again if you close and re-open ACT! after saying yes to roll-over?

Yes it does ask me each time, Mike. And each time I say "OK", and each time it does nothing.

Hey, don't you ever sleep, mate? Smiley Happy

Can you open the demo database and schedule and activity for yesterday. Close ACT! and reopen the demo and see if that activity rolls over?

Actually, I've been in hospital and this just keeps me from being bored

Oh, sorry to hear that. Hope it's not serious!

The demo database had a slwe of past activities. I changed preferences to rollover, exited, came back, was asked if I wanted to roll over, said OK, and it did indeed toll them over (all but 4 or 5). I could actually see the program working on rolling them over. No such thing happens with any of my 3 databases.

Just for kicks, I tried check and repair on one of my databases, then reindexed it.

It had no effect whatsoever. It still refuses to roll over any activities.

Well, I tried the fix and it STILL doesn't work. Guess I'll be on the phone with Sage tomorrow. Not looking forward to that! Thanks again for your efforts. Speedy recovery! Craig

If it worked in the demo database, you know it's a database specific corruption.

Try all the ACTDIAG repairs and rebuilds