Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2008 (10.0) Meeting Report

Accepted Solution Solved
Astute Commentator
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2008 (10.0) Meeting Report

II am really struggling.  All I want is a report that shows our client list and all of the meetings we've had in a specific time period.  Is this possible.  In 2006 it wasn't.   This  is such a basic report that I believe it has to be doable.  Please help!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author melissamelou
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2008 (10.0) Meeting Report

[ Edited ]

Good morning. Yes, that's just a sample screen image from a Knowledgebase article.

The lookup box has changed a little since ACT! 2008 (my images are from ACT! 2013). The first steps are the same, but in your lookup screen it would be:

Look in this field: Type

For the current lookup: Replace Lookup

Check boxes for "Include Private" and "Include Users"

Search for: Select Type, then either scroll and select "Client" from the dropdown, or type the word "Client"

Running the report should have the same options in your version.

If you can't find the Type field in the selection list, then refer to the post I made here at 4:34pm EDT yesterday.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

View solution in original post

All Replies

Hello melissamelou,
Under the Reports menu, there is a report called "Activities" that should give you this info. When running the report, under the Activity tab uncheck all activities except Meetings, then click Custom to put in your date range. Under the General tab choose all contacts and all users to ensure you capture all the data.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

Hi, Greig!  I really appreciate your reply.  I don't want all contacts to be in the report, only Clients.  Can I do that?

Yes. Do a lookup for contacts who are Clients (I assume you have a field that designates them as a client), then when you run the report, choose "Current Lookup" instead of All Contacts.

Greig Hollister

Astute Commentator

I have done a lookup and I see how that would be so easy to run a report like that.  Here's my problem: The filter lists every senario imaginable exept what I'm searching for - I'm trying to filter on "Type" of Contact.   That's where we list if they are Business, Prospect, Client.  Can't find it.   Do you think that was customized?  

You would need to find the field that you are using to indicate the Type of contact and do the lookup based on the field. If you need to choose more than one Type, then go to Lookup > Advanced > Advanced Query. You can use multiple criteria here and even save the query for later use.

Greig Hollister

Astute Commentator

I am sorry Greg.  I guess I didn't explain that correctly.   I don't want to choose more than one "Type", I just want to find the Type Lookup.  When I try to Lookup, "Type" is not an option and that's how we separate our clients from the other contacts.  I hope that makes better sense to you?

[ Edited ]

There are two ways you can lookup the Type field:

Go to Lookup > Other Fields, then select the field from the dropdown
or
Locate the field on your screen, right-click on it and select "Lookup (field name). You can use this method for any field on the screen.

There is not a default field called Type, so you must have created a custom field for this.

Greig Hollister

Astute Commentator

But my field, CLIENT, is not in there!  ugh.  You are so nice - thank you for sticking with this.

OK. Can you tell me exactly how you designate that a contact is Client?

Greig Hollister