Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2007 won't reinstall

ACT! 2007 won't reinstall

Hi- I originally had trouble with a few templates in ACT 2007 9.0.  After i could not fix the templates, I decided (apparently poorly) that I should uninstall ACT!2007 and reinstall it.  It will not reinstall.

I've uninstalled SQL Server 2005 (through the control panel) as well as ACT! itself several times.
When I tried to uninstall is it stated the following should be closed ACT7 Process ID 3008.

I'm also getting a Z_straightln.installerror  (might not be that exact text of format).

I also tried a system restore to a previous point to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated- I'm a single person business and I need to get this back online soon.

Thanks in advance.

OldAg84

Re: ACT! 2007 won't reinstall

I just uninstalled the SQL Servers and ACT! and the MSXML Updates (but not the original MSXML that came with the computer.

I tried to uninstall the latest ACT! and rec'd the following error z_StrActuninstallerror

I then reinstalled the entire ACT! from the disk- it went all the way through, looking good.  When I went to open it (and this has happened previously) I get an error message the there are no "layouts" available.  That repeats three times or so after closing and then I close out ACT! becuase it won't load.

For better or worse, this computer is running Windows Vista.

Thanks again for any help. 
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi oldag,

I would recommend seeing if the layout issue is database specific. Try opening up the ACT demo database and see if it happens. You can find the .pad file for the Demo under c:\documents and settings\all users\shared documents\act\act for windows 9\databases.

Just make sure ACT is closed then double click on the ACT9Demo.pad file.

Thanks.  I actually created a new database (which I guess created the layout) and imported the info into it using the same map.  Worked fine and everything came over.  Then I was able to open (with the test/scan mode of ACT! or whatever it's called) my other major database.

So right now problem solved.

Thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor