Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2007 - failed reinstall - "Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework.Interop...

ACT 2007 - failed reinstall - "Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework.Interop...

Need help. Uninstalled ACT 2007 due to recent issues. Failed re-installation, getting message ""Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework.Interop, Version=9.1.162.3, Cluture=neutral, PulicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)."

System is down. Help appreicated. Thanks.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2007 - failed reinstall - "Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework.Interop...

Mike - I have also experienced this issue, with ACT 2009, and it was (I think) due to the fact that Control Panel (Add/Remove Programs) uninstall did not remove all the components.  I then used the ACTUninstaller utility, reinstalled, and all was OK.

Feel free to contact me if you have any more questions...

Richard Brust

ACT! Certified Consultant

rbrDataSolutions@gmail.com

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com

Re: ACT 2007 - failed reinstall - "Could not load file or assembly 'Act.Framework.Interop...

Is this when opening ACT! or installing? 

If its when opening ACT!, ensure that you're on 9.0.1.  You can check by going to Help -> About ACT!.  If you cannot access About ACT!, go to C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows.  Find and right click ActSage.exe and select Properties.  Select the version tab and it will show the version.  If it doesn't say 9.0.1... then follow the KB article below to download/install 901 update. 

If you're already on 9.0.1, then download/install hotfix 3 using the KB below.

How to Download and Apply the Latest Version of ACT! by Sage 2007 (9.0)

How To Apply The ACT!9013Hotfix.exe (Hotfix 3)

Platinum Elite Contributor