Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2007 and Word 2007

ACT 2007 and Word 2007

I am a happy ACT 6.0 user.  Use the gmt and adt templates a lot in Word 2003.  Just upgraded to Word 2007.   Contemplating upgrading to ACT 2007.  Very confusing to me as I read to see if my templates will work?  Would consider ACT 2008 upgrade if necessary.  Thanks,

Don

Re: ACT 2007 and Word 2007

ACT! 2007 is not compatible with Office 2007.  You will need to ugprade to ACT! 2008 or 2009.

Thank you, David.  I run ACT on an IBM Thinkpad (lots of memory) and am concerned about performance.  Everything I have read says that because of the Microsoft SQL that the system runs very slowly.  Is that an issue? 
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Then why not fix it?   Any other software manufacture would issue and "update"  with a fix. ACT just wants you to buy a new version every year because they never update anything.

[Edit: Font size reduced. Please post courteously and relevant to topic of post]

Message Edited by ghollister on 11-05-2009 01:17 PM

Fix what? Re-write the Word interface for a product that's no-longer being developed?

Office 2007 was released nearly a year after ACT! 2007 and completely changed the interface.

[ Edited ]

Its been 3 years since then. They make a product that advertises and depends on using MS Word, its not unreasonable to ask that the 07 version of ACT works with the 07 version of word. They are still selling and supporting 07, just up to the point that one of its defects requires you to purchase an overpriced upgrade. They are 'no longer developing" it so they can sell you the patches and the compatability fixes on the next version. Every other software product calls that a patch. When MS word does not work with a printer made after it was released, they issue you a patch. They don't ask you to by new version every two years,  just to keep it up to date with the latest printer.

[Edit: Content removed. Please post courteously]

Message Edited by ghollister on 11-05-2009 02:46 PM

They also list and state quite clearly which versions of Word it will work with.

Microsoft didn't upgrade SQL 2000 to work with Vista either making all users of the older version need up either upgrade or hold off on moving to Vista.

MS Vista x64 does not work with my printer (a Cannon, still being sold).... they've told me I need to get a new printer.

[ Edited ]

"They also list and state quite clearly which versions of Word it will work with."

no where on the software the case it came in or the book included inside does it mention that at all.

MS does not make the drivers for printers,the manufactures do, MS can only include what is made. Canon would be the source and they don't charge you for drivers. Completly different situation.

[Edit: Content deleted. Post courteously and relevant to topic]

Message Edited by ghollister on 11-05-2009 03:16 PM

Hello Drumbum,

Please see your Private Messages (yellow envelope in upper right).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.