Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2007 and Office 2007

Nickel Super Contributor

ACT! 2007 and Office 2007

Due to the popularity of this topic, I wanted to post something for users attempting to use ACT! 2007 with Excel/Outlook/Word 2007.

This info is copied directly from kb 20178

Will ACT! work with Office 2007?
Currently ACT! products only support Office 2000, 2002 and 2003. Sage Software is actively working on a compatible version and will have more information on this website when it is available.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2007 and Office 2007

AJones wrote:
Will ACT! work with Office 2007?
Currently ACT! products only support Office 2000, 2002 and 2003. Sage Software is actively working on a compatible version and will have more information on this website when it is available.

Amanda, I'd suggest the KB guys update this to say that ACT! 2008 is available... I assume they are not working to make a compatible version of ACT! 2007?

this is similar to my problem (case ID 10246909)
on XP Pro, Act! 2007 does not see Outlook 2003.
At first, it saw but could not open so I called Support and have been led thru several versions of uninstall/reinstall; one was even by Support themselves.
After the first round Act!2007 stopped even offerring Outlook as an email option.
Is there an obscure file somewhere that needs to be activated or terminated?
Some Registry key that is duplicated?

The machine was originally Vista but was reformatted with XP Pro to forestall mucho upgrading.

logowear wrote:
this is similar to my problem (case ID 10246909)
on XP Pro, Act! 2007 does not see Outlook 2003.
At first, it saw but could not open so I called Support and have been led thru several versions of uninstall/reinstall; one was even by Support themselves.
After the first round Act!2007 stopped even offerring Outlook as an email option.
Is there an obscure file somewhere that needs to be activated or terminated?
Some Registry key that is duplicated?

The machine was originally Vista but was reformatted with XP Pro to forestall mucho upgrading.

You might try creating a new thread on this.
Also add:
What happens when you try to connect to Outlook?
Did you install Office 2003 before ACT!?

Just a note here, the KB item noted by the moderator was written January 29, 2007.  This is about 14 months ago.  It notes:
"Whenever possible, we encourage all users to wait until later this year for our releases with full Vista and Office 2007 support."
This is now 2008.  The end of the year has come and gone in case you didn't notice, Sage.  There has been no release for support with Vista and Office 2007 for this product.  I got a call from your support department wanting to know if I want to pay for another round of support.  Fat chance of that happening.  I asked them about this upgrade and they advised, "It should have been released and provided in an upgrade."  So I did that, the upgrade, and of course, there is no support for Office 2007.  I'm still running XP, so I don't care about Vista support.

Is Sage really working on this, or are they just hoping that everyone will forget about this and just make the jump to 2008 instead of waiting for a fix that obviously isn't coming.  What is really going on, folks????  Have the "balls" to come forward and tell the users if this is ever going to happen.  We're almost into the second quarter of 2008 and you've far exceeded your promise of "later this year."  If we ran our company that way we would be out of business in no time at all.

dogeil wrote:
Just a note here, the KB item noted by the moderator was written January 29, 2007.  This is about 14 months ago.  It notes:
"Whenever possible, we encourage all users to wait until later this year for our releases with full Vista and Office 2007 support."
This is now 2008.  The end of the year has come and gone in case you didn't notice, Sage.  There has been no release for support with Vista and Office 2007 for this product.  I got a call from your support department wanting to know if I want to pay for another round of support.  Fat chance of that happening.  I asked them about this upgrade and they advised, "It should have been released and provided in an upgrade."  So I did that, the upgrade, and of course, there is no support for Office 2007.  I'm still running XP, so I don't care about Vista support.

Is Sage really working on this, or are they just hoping that everyone will forget about this and just make the jump to 2008 instead of waiting for a fix that obviously isn't coming.  What is really going on, folks????  Have the "balls" to come forward and tell the users if this is ever going to happen.  We're almost into the second quarter of 2008 and you've far exceeded your promise of "later this year."  If we ran our company that way we would be out of business in no time at all.

ACT! 2008 is the upgrade needed for Office 2007 support

[ Edited ]
Hi AJones- {please post courteously} I bought act 2007 for 13 users just over a year ago and now every new computer we get is incompatible as we need the excel and word functionality. At one point the knowledge base said a fix was conming and now all I get is pushy salespeople telling me to spend another $2k to upgrade. 2007 = 2007, except in this case. No reply is needed.
Message Edited by tashina on 05-06-2008 03:15 PM

Unfortunately Tom, Microsoft changed not only the API for Office 2007, but also the native file format that they had used for many past versions.

This meant that they change was too big to do in a patch and needed major changes, which could only be done in the next full release.

Hi,

OK, I have Office 2007 and ACT 2007... trying to import the Excel into ACT.  I got a reply to install some CRMaddon, ItImport, but it didn't work, even if i saved the excel file as a 2003 compatible... and then I find out this itImport is $555.00, come on... I should be able to do this for free... there has to be some way?   anyone figure this out yet?   Please help, I don't want to manually imput 500 records.... but I would to save $555 from those "much helpful" people.

For Office 2007 support, you should be using ACT! 2008

To do a straight import, export the Excel in CSV format then import that into ACT!