Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2007 Version 9.0 Record Manager Question

ACT 2007 Version 9.0 Record Manager Question

I am trying to add an additional Record Manager name when adding a comment in the NOTES section.  I see under Tools that there is a "Manage Users" option but I am not able to access it.  Does anyone know how to do this? Any guidance is truly appreciated. I do not think I need to add a new user - all our employees sign into ACT as the same licensee at the moment.  

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2007 Version 9.0 Record Manager Question

ExecDim wrote:

I do not think I need to add a new user - all our employees sign into ACT as the same licensee at the moment.  

That statement indicates you are inviolation of the license agreement and are effectively pirating the software.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

I think you are misunderstanding my question - we paid for our software many years ago. We have one licensee which is the company and can create many Record Managers in the Notes section to keep track of who is talking to our many clients and candidates we have in our ACT database.  I believe we are using the database properly. I do appreciate your quick response.  

Also, let me add - I'm the Office Manager, not an IT person - let my ask this another way - we have one computer that we all sign onto under our one user name but can create multiple Record Managers for the different people using the one account - I need to create another Record Manager for a new employee when they enter comments in the Notes section.  Thanks again, sorry for any confusion - I'm new to this IT stuff!

Platinum Elite Contributor

With the database open, go to Help and choose About ACT! and it will tell you how many licenses you have and if you have any licenses available. The ACT! program is licensed to the named user and not the machine. Users acconunts can be created in Tools | Manage Users. 

You also need to know that as on June 1, 2012 you will no langer be able to get upgrade pricing to upgrade your version of the ACT! program and will have to pay full price to upgrade.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129