Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2007 Registration Activation Problems

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT! 2007 Registration Activation Problems

Hi, I have an off-site rep that uses ACT! from our server. He's been working fine for months, but over the weekend he started having a problem. He's running Windows Vista and ACT! 2007.

ACT! starts loading, but now he gets sent to the ACT Registration and Activation screen. When I try to activate, which is odd, because I believe it was activated previously, it says I don't have Administrator privileges. In Vista I set the application to 'Run as Administrator' and I log in as the Administrator and that doesn't help, instead I get a new error...

The Registration process has detected that Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard edition is installed, but the current serial number prevents access. Uninstall Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Standard edition and use Disk 1 to re-install ACT!, and then register the product.

What can I do? I need to get my rep working and this was fine on Friday and today its not allowing him any access or use. This is an offsite rep, so uninstalling/re-installing MSSQL and/or ACT! is a major problem. I don't know why it would be required if only a few days ago he was able to sync.

Advice welcome. 

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author digitaldiva
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 2007 Registration Activation Problems

[ Edited ]

Solved, this problem was the same problem with Microsoft's SQL Server 2005 security update KB948109. Downloading the pack, stoping teh SQL services and forcing an installation on reboot solved the problem. Thanks for other thread.

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&thread.id=9435

Message Edited by digitaldiva on 09-17-2008 01:08 PM

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author digitaldiva
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! 2007 Registration Activation Problems

[ Edited ]

Solved, this problem was the same problem with Microsoft's SQL Server 2005 security update KB948109. Downloading the pack, stoping teh SQL services and forcing an installation on reboot solved the problem. Thanks for other thread.

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=ACT&thread.id=9435

Message Edited by digitaldiva on 09-17-2008 01:08 PM