Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2007: LABEL problem inviting Mr. & Mrs. or 2 individuals on same label line

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT 2007: LABEL problem inviting Mr. & Mrs. or 2 individuals on same label line

ACT! user since 2009.  LABELS problems with mass mailings and especially Christmas card mailings.  ACT 2007 won't print "Mr. & Mrs.." from the contact line or won't all me to enter "Barbara and Charles Dunning" for a label --- as an example.  Previous ACTs would allow "Family of John Jones" but this one won't.   It only prints the first name and last name listed - - - nothing in the middle and won't print titles on contact line.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Morry
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT 2007: LABEL problem inviting Mr. & Mrs. or 2 individuals on same label line

That's the answer I was looking for.  Don't know why it evaded me.

THANKS SO VERY MUCH!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT 2007: LABEL problem inviting Mr. & Mrs. or 2 individuals on same label line

You would need to create a custom template for that. I could be done by modifying the standard label and saving it with a different file name.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

The label template has a a form called "Custom" which contains the first and last name for the "name line".  I don't know how to change the Custom part of the template.  Can you tell me how?

I can tell you what would be involved but that would be all. That custom field is used to display the results of some related VB script programming. The scripting for a custom field can be a simple one line expression or a more complex set of program instructions. In the case of the standard labels, that custom field involves a more complex set of instructions. One option would be to remove the custom field and its related program scripts and replace it with a regular field object.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Are you telling me eliminate the "custom" field on a standard label and replace it with labels for: first name + middle name + last name --- all on that line?

what if I want to invite Mr. & Mrs.??   or the Family of Morry Clifton?

When I used older ACT! versions, I could simply change the field, now that "custom" field has me buffaloed.

HELP, please!

Most likely you would replace it with the contact field.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author Morry
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

That's the answer I was looking for.  Don't know why it evaded me.

THANKS SO VERY MUCH!

I have the same problem as Morry, but his solution doesn't help me.  I have ACT 2008 10.0.  Help!
Copper Contributor

Pull down the label you'd like to use and hit the "edit template" tab.  On the first line called "Custom", use your cursor to pull it off the label and delete it. 

Then hit  the FIELD icon and use your cursor to draw an area on the label where you'd like the field called CONTACT placed (usually right above the address line).  The box with all the labels will appear and then you hit the field called "Contact"  but check the box that you says you don't need the label.  (in other words you don't need the line to say Contact:  name, etc).  I did it and it worked perfectly.

Hope I explained it satisfactorily.

Morry,  YOU are right on!!  Thank you very, very much.  Now to my Christmas mailing label list!!