Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! 2007 - Having trouble with Subreports. When I preview the report, the subreports vanish.

ACT! 2007 - Having trouble with Subreports. When I preview the report, the subreports vanish.

All the subreports have data.  In the Properties window, the Visible is true.  Is there something I am missing?  All my information is in the details area of each Subreport.  There are 11 subreports in the report.  I first created the fields inside the report itself and everything worked great.  However, I want the ability to not include empty data, so I decided to put that data into subreports so the empty subreports would be hidden.  I cut and paste the info into the sbreports.  But now nothings appears. 

Thanks

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2007 - Having trouble with Subreports. When I preview the report, the subreports vanish.

If you are trying to make a sub-report of the same table as the primary table for the report that won't work. For example if you add a Contact sub-report in a Contact based report, the sub-report will be blank.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Re: ACT! 2007 - Having trouble with Subreports. When I preview the report, the subreports vanish.

Each sub report utilizes different fields then the report.  I am not trying to use the same fields or tables again.  Each subreport pulls completely differnt data.  Again, when I had all the data in the report.  The report ran perfectly.  But when I cut and paste the data into a subreport, the subreport does not preview or run.

Nickel Elite Contributor

AustonGrant wrote:

Each sub report utilizes different fields then the report.  I am not trying to use the same fields or tables again.  Each subreport pulls completely different data.  Again, when I had all the data in the report.  The report ran perfectly.  But when I cut and paste the data into a subreport, the subreport does not preview or run.

It's not about the fields. Please reread my original replay quoted below. You can't have a Contact subreport in a Contact based report.

Royel wrote:
If you are trying to make a sub-report of the same table as the primary table for the report that won't work. For example if you add a Contact sub-report in a Contact based report, the sub-report will be blank.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Thanks for your response.  Are you saying that If I am running a company report, I can not have a subreport of company activities and or a subreport with company contacts?  Essentially, that is what i am doing?