Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT!2006

ACT!2006

I am trying to export to Excel all email addresses from each contact in an ACT!2006 database, but ACT only exports the main email address. Surely there must be some way to export the other email addresses in each contact as well? I have looked online abd in the manual but see no reference to this question, so any help will be greatly appreciated!

Nickel Contributor

Re: ACT!2006

If you go to the Contact List view and right-mouse-click on the list, select "Customise Colums". This is where you define what you want to export to Excel. Fields on the left are not displayed (so not exported) and fields on the right are. Select all the email addresses on the left, then the > to add them to the list on the right. Now, all email fields will be exported to Excel.

Trevor Lever

www.trevorleverconsulting.com

ACT Certified Consultant in the UK

Trevor Lever

UK - ACT Certified Consultant
www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

Re: ACT!2006 - exporting multiple email addresses to Excel

Thanks Trevor, I appreciate your reply. Unfortunately I don't have the option in the left hand list for "all email addresses" or similar, as "e-mail" is already in the right hand list, but as I say, for some reason ACT only exports 1 address, not the secondary ones. Frustrating indeed! Best / Gareth
Nickel Contributor

From the field list select "Secondary Email"

Trevor Lever

www.trevorleverconsulting.com

ACT Accredited Consultant - UK

Trevor Lever

www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

Thanks but the only other email option I am given in the left-hand column is "personal email". The version I am using by the way is ACT! Professional 8.0 Version 8.0.2.82. I wondering if what I want to do is only available in later editions of ACT!?

Nickel Contributor

Coud be - I checked with the version I have on my machine whichis ACT 11.1
Trevor Lever

www.actpartners.co.uk
trevor@actpartners.co.uk

OK, tks anyway!
Platinum Elite Contributor

There is no field for "all email addresses"... you need to add the fields you are using for email address fields to the export