Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT 2006 only syncing one way

Copper Super Contributor

ACT 2006 only syncing one way

ACT 2006, 1 user, ACT on XP desktop with publisher db, ACT on XP notebook AND netbook with remotes.  Syncing was fine up until 5/14 when data from the publisher stopped syncing to remotes.  Remote changes on either remote will sync to the publisher but not from publisher to remotes.

Getting back on the system over the weekend and thought someone might have an idea as to why.

Thanks.

Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT 2006 only syncing one way

Anybody?

New info - netbook hard drive was replaced on 5/14 and mirror image was put on new hard drive.  Netbook sync'd one time on the 14th and after that, client only had one way sync with the NOTEbook and the netbook would not sync anymore.

Have run all hotfixes on computer(s).  Disabled firewall and antivirus.

Cut new test remote with new sync set.  Still have the one way sync problem - data will sync from remote to master but data does not sync from master to remote.

Any suggestions (other than upgrading)?

Thanks.

Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com
Nickel Super Contributor

Leanne, I ran into this several times and it was really frustrating.  I assume the watermarks are not correct and that you have run the maintenance inside and outside ACT!.  I also tried to recreate new remotes and it worked for a time.  Once I got it to work by deleting the ACT for Windows folder under c:\Program Files, which essentially deleted the preferences, etc.   I finally created a brand new database and imported the old database into it (scary with the way the import was working back then), and it seemed to work.  Let me know if I can help, Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)
Copper Super Contributor

Brenda:

Thanks for the reply.  I ran all the maintenance and possibilities I could think of.  There was a Hotfix 4 for 2006 that directly addresses data not syncing.  That did not resolve the issue.  Hoping for additional replies with other possibilities to use when I reconnect with client later today or tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com
Nickel Super Contributor

Let me know if you need any help -- hand-holder, surrogate screamer, etc.  Brenda

Brenda Dixon
ACT! Certified Consultant
Dixon Consulting Solutions
404-405-4116
brenda@dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.dixonconsultingsolutions.com
www.GoToAssist.com/sb/dixon (FOR SUPPORT)